Recipe: Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Popsicles
Sweet desserts on a stick don’t have to be diet killers or so packed full of sugar that you would never feed them to your kids.
They can be clean, healthy, and packed with nutrition and protein as well. And these pops are a great way to sneak in those veggies!
These decadent mint chocolate chip protein pops are made with avocado and Truvani protein powder, and this recipe is fun to make with your kids and is a perfect treat for the whole family.
Here’s How to Make It…Makes 8 – Prep Time: 15 minutes + at least 4 hours for freezing
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 scoop Truvani Chocolate Protein Powder
- 8 mint leaves
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender except the cacao nibs, dark chocolate and coconut oil. Blend until combined.
- Add the cacao nibs and mix to combine.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add the coconut oil to the melted chocolate and mix well to combine.
- Once frozen, dip the tips of each popsicle into the melted chocolate and place back in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to harden. Enjoy!