Recipe: Sunrise Savory Waffles
Here’s How to Make It… Serves: 2 – Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons spelt or sprouted wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ scoop Truvani Chicken Bone Broth Powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons almond or
- coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ¼ cup shredded goat cheddar cheese
- Grease and preheat a waffle iron.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Separate the egg, adding the yolk to the dry ingredients and the white to a small bowl. Beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Add the butter and milk to the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Gently fold the chives and goat cheese into the batter.
- Add the egg white and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook until golden brown. Serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!