Recipe: Banana Chocolate Swirl Muffins
Here’s How to Make It…Makes 12 – 15 – Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 2 cups spelt flour or organic sprouted wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Truvani Chocolate Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs.
- Add the mashed banana, milk and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Transfer ½ of the batter into a small bowl. Add the Truvani Chocolate Protein Powder to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of plain batter to each muffin cup. Top with 1 tablespoon of chocolate batter. Continue to alternate until each cup is filled ¾ of the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!